Thursday, June 12, 2008

How to quit smoking?

Musing#6
I've been a smoker for the past 36 years and I've been trying very seriouysly to quit this habit. I decided to quit my smoking when I boarded the flight to U.S. on 31st May08. This I found the most ideal way to quit because during the 18hrs flight I will be compelleed to refrain from smoking and this would be the right start. Another tempting factor for smoking is booze, as these two go hand in hand, literally speaking-on one hand you have the glass and on the other hand the stick.. hence I decided to go on the wagon also during my two month's stay in U.S. Now it is 12 days since I gave up smoking and also drinking and I am feling very nice and I am very confident that once and for all I will be quitting this dirty habit. One more factor which is facilitating this is my regular work out in the gym which is making me very health conscious and giving me positive reinforcement in my quitting programme........ One more thing is the support of my family ie. my wife, daughter and my son- in law in this quitting programme. Also I never felt the need for a substitute like a nicotine patch etc. to overcome the withdrawal symptoms.... what is important is the will power should be more stronger than the Wills power.... will keep u posted regularly on this....
mentor mohan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good work! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on kicking the habit!! or should I say habits:)I know it can't be easy. I hope you continue on the same path. Wish you a very healthy and nicotine free life.
Continue blogging.....

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so happy that you quit smoking after being a smoker for such a long time.It clearly shows that you love your family so much and you did it with strong will power.I am so proud of you.Wish you all the best.